Friday, August 3, 2012

Up Up & Away






Off again. Spending a few days on the other coast, sweating I'm sure but this time at least it's not a dry heat. Couple of days in Boston and then nestled into a tiny "village" in Connecticut. Fuck, when are one of those importers going to snatch me up and run me off to Europe again?!

Anyway, I hope to be able to check in here...maybe even find time to share a story or two but there are rumblings of me being held up in a cabin....a cabin, (dude, so not me) so the chances of like real internet access might be slim. If you see a bunch of these ....:...::: it is my code for get me the hell outta here, and bring me fresh crunders. 



In other news, I wanted to take a brief second to congratulate and gush on my baby sister. In the midst of caring for our infirm brother, finding housing and rehab for him, she started and successfully ran a fundraiser on behalf of a sweet faced little three year old student of hers, one that has Cancer. She had to fight to earn his trust; at first he wouldn't talk to her at all, just sat arms crossed giving her stink eye, but eventually they grew to adore each other....then he was diagnosed with Leukemia. Tessa wanted to help so she started Naustin's Gnomes, http://www.gofundme.com/naustinsgnomes at first with a $2,000.00 goal but hitting that so quickly that she doubled her goal and last week, she reached it! Very proud of her effort, and her sweet heart. I would also like to thank those of you that responded to my Facebook linking and posting about Naustin's cause, you and your donations touched me deeply. Thank you all and way to go sister!!



Off to eat too many clams and drink lots of Dunkin Donuts "Coffee regular" which is so loaded with cream and sugar I would never drink it back home but seeing as I'm like on vacation and junk....gonna, and lots of it. 

XOXOXOXOXO

 

3 comments:

Samantha Dugan said...

Thanks Jess!

TWG said...

No update? You can order the coffee black, or try the Pawtucket Breakfast (hot chocolate and a donut).

Samantha Dugan said...

TWG,
I'll never forget the first time we were in New England and after driving several hours we stopped at our first Dunkin Donuts. I popped out of the car and went in to grab us a couple of coffees, guy behind the counter asked, "regular?" to which I answered "yes". Went to the cream and sugar station, (I like cream and sugar, husband black with sugar) and was baffled by the two cups of creamy coffee staring back at me. Happened twice before someone told us that regular meant cream and sugar.

I kind of dug it, husband not so much, but I have to say that the last couple times I've had the "regular" it has been far too sweet. In fact only had two cups the whole time I was there....and couldn't come close to finishing the second one. Oh well, still a fun memory.

Thanks for prodding me. I was just saying on facebook yesterday, "I wonder how long I can be on vacation from the blog before anyone notices or gets suspicious?" So it is kind of heartwarming to know someone is waiting. Thanks for that. Got back way late Tuesday night and was just beat, and beat up (too much gin me thinks) to even begin thinking about writing yesterday but hopefully today will bring me a muse or somethin'